Monday, December 12, 2011

Pasta Fresca

So, I LOVE Noodles & Company's Pasta Fresca. If you haven't tried it I suggest you do, I even found this blog where it is one of their favorite recipes. :)
But, I've been trying to be good, and not eat out. Because of this I went on a journey to find the recipe to make it myself. Lo and behold, food.com came to my rescue.

I started looking over the ingredients, thinking that it should be pretty easy; Olive Oil, Onion, Salt, Roma Tomato, Farfalle Pasta. Then I came across on ingredient that I don't have in my house. Sweet White Wine. For someone who has never stepped foot in a liquor store, I have some questions. First off, this recipe, for FOUR servings calls for only 1/4 cup of sweet white wine; so, that means if I'm making it for just myself, or even for the two of us that means, I would only need...

Pull out my handy conversion chart...
1 tablespoon (tbsp) =
3 teaspoons (tsp)
1/16 cup =
1 tablespoon
1/8 cup =
2 tablespoons
1/6 cup =
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
1/4 cup =
4 tablespoons
1/3 cup =
5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
3/8 cup =
6 tablespoons
1/2 cup =
8 tablespoons
2/3 cup =
10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
3/4 cup =
12 tablespoons
1 cup =
48 teaspoons
1 cup =
16 tablespoons
8 fluid ounces (fl oz) =
1 cup
1 pint (pt) =
2 cups
1 quart (qt) =
2 pints
4 cups =
1 quart
1 gallon (gal) =
4 quarts
16 ounces (oz) =
1 pound (lb)
1 milliliter (ml) =
1 cubic centimeter (cc)
1 inch (in) =
2.54 centimeters (cm)


Source: United States Dept. of Agriculture (USDA).
At the most,  1/8 of a cup of white wine.
White wine really isn't something you ask your neighbor for, so my first dilemma is the fact that I have to go buy an entire bottle. Next dilemma, what am I going to do with the rest of the bottle? Does it go to waste? Will it taste any different if I don’t use the wine? Not sure.
This whole thing was proving to be too much work. I just really wanted Pasta Fresca, and maybe one of these days I will actually attempt to cook it. I’ll just have to start searching for recipes that call for white wine so I can make sure that I make good use of the bottle I am going to have to purchase. My suggestion, make smaller bottles, for people like me who can’t justify buying a whole bottle of wine for 1/8 of a cup.
Needless to say, I ended up sending my husband to pick up some Noodles.
And it was delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment